PDA

View Full Version : [NM] Fiona

Fiona
08-26-2011, 01:10 AM
New Member: Fiona
Hello! I found Anime Ai earlier on today whilst searching for new anime based forums to contribute to through Google and after looking around, I couldn't wait to start posting here! I thought it would be best for me to post an introduction first before letting myself loose onto the community. So! Lemme see what I can do to make you understand me a little more. Hopefully, I won't ramble or bore you to tears!

Lives in Great Britain.
Twenty years of age.
Engaged to an Angel.
Fascinated by Arachnids.
Has a phobia of phones/clowns and swimming.
Currently a College Student for HND Hospitality.
What are your top 5 favorite animes?
Zoids: Chaotic Century, Trigun, Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho and Cardcaptors.

Do you play any video games?
I play many different types of games but my favorites are RPGs. You can probably guess some of my top 5 favorite ones right now. Final Fantasy, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Devil May Cry, Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny in the US) and (obviously) the Zoids games. For those wondering about my favorite Final Fantasy games out of the series, they are pretty predictable. FFVII (7)/FFVIII (8)/FFX (10) and Crisis Core.

How active will you be as a member?
I'm on at least once everyday and if I do happen to vanish, I will always notify someone of me doing so. This is usually because of illness, family problems or otherwise. If I don't say anything at all, it is most likely that I am having trouble at home with the internet but I'll always do my best to try and notify another member. Unless there is an absence thread I can post in? I haven't seen one yet but maybe once I settle in and get the hang of things around here, I will.

Do you roleplay and if so, may I see a sample?
The sound of a mobile phone acknowledged the owner of an incoming message as the blonde haired female gazed off into the distance, lost in another one of her classroom day dreams. It wasn't until the presence of her college tutor that was now looming over her sighed that the situation she was in came to her full attention as her phones chime continued softly from her backpack. She stumbled over her words, hoping to quickly find a reasonable excuse; "Oh, uh! My mother said to keep my cell on incase of---"

"Emergencies?" The tall man frowned in what looked to be like disappointment, "Fiona, I've told you before that my class should not ever be interrupted over something so time wasting. It's a distraction to my students!"

Fiona bowed her head down in guilt, fair-hair falling softly over her emerald green eyes in shame. She had meant to turn the small device off during her lunch break but the young woman forgot after receiving a call from her boyfriend (who was the one that probably sent her a text during class hours) saying that he had another hospital appointment and not to worry. A blush fell over Fionas features as she picked up on the faint sound of other girls snickering from across the room.

I'll keep it short since this is an introduction thread/section. xD
I can't really think of what else to mention but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I'm more than happy to answer. And thank you for reading/responding to my first post! I look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

thingywhat
08-27-2011, 08:37 AM
wow, nice introduction. it isn't very common that i see introductions that are anywhere near as thorough as that. =)

i suppose i shall address what i can...

New Member: Fiona
Hello! I found Anime Ai earlier on today whilst searching for new anime based forums to contribute to through Google and after looking around, I couldn't wait to start posting here! I thought it would be best for me to post an introduction first before letting myself loose onto the community. So! Lemme see what I can do to make you understand me a little more. Hopefully, I won't ramble or bore you to tears!

awesome that you seem so enthusiastic to join us. =)

introductions are always a good thing for new members, as for the length thing, i wouldn't worry about it. because it lets us get to know you better. which is always a good thing for new members...

Lives in Great Britain.

ah! the uk. i know a few otakus around there. =)

Twenty years of age.

i presume this is about the average age here

Fascinated by Arachnids.

spiders are cool, they don't freak me out...

http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/crab-molting-weird-time-lapse.gif

yeah, ok, maybe a little...
:oy:

Has a phobia of phones/clowns and swimming.

clowns, those things should not exist =S
as for swimming, i personally love it

Currently a College Student for HND Hospitality.

ah, you are going through the trails and tribulations of college as well, huh? =p
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laitfl3bdI1qb6t6wo1_500.jpg

What are your top 5 favorite animes?
Zoids: Chaotic Century, Trigun, Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho and Cardcaptors.

nice! i have got to say, ive been actually looking into trigun for a while now...

Do you play any video games?
I play many different types of games but my favorites are RPGs. You can probably guess some of my top 5 favorite ones right now. Final Fantasy, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Devil May Cry, Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny in the US) and (obviously) the Zoids games. For those wondering about my favorite Final Fantasy games out of the series, they are pretty predictable. FFVII (7)/FFVIII (8)/FFX (10) and Crisis Core.

i imagine you can probably tell one of the games i play based on my avatar. =p
also, devil may cry is awesome!

How active will you be as a member?
I'm on at least once everyday and if I do happen to vanish, I will always notify someone of me doing so. This is usually because of illness, family problems or otherwise. If I don't say anything at all, it is most likely that I am having trouble at home with the internet but I'll always do my best to try and notify another member. Unless there is an absence thread I can post in? I haven't seen one yet but maybe once I settle in and get the hang of things around here, I will.
awesome, its nice to know that you may be a regular here. =)

as for an absence thread, i dont think there really is a need. if you are roleplaying, you can file off pms to them if you are going to be gone, but if you really want such a thread, feel free to make it. who knows, others may use it too.

Do you roleplay and if so, may I see a sample?
The sound of a mobile phone acknowledged the owner of an incoming message as the blonde haired female gazed off into the distance, lost in another one of her classroom day dreams. It wasn't until the presence of her college tutor that was now looming over her sighed that the situation she was in came to her full attention as her phones chime continued softly from her backpack. She stumbled over her words, hoping to quickly find a reasonable excuse; "Oh, uh! My mother said to keep my cell on incase of---"

"Emergencies?" The tall man frowned in what looked to be like disappointment, "Fiona, I've told you before that my class should not ever be interrupted over something so time wasting. It's a distraction to my students!"

Fiona bowed her head down in guilt, fair-hair falling softly over her emerald green eyes in shame. She had meant to turn the small device off during her lunch break but the young woman forgot after receiving a call from her boyfriend (who was the one that probably sent her a text during class hours) saying that he had another hospital appointment and not to worry. A blush fell over Fionas features as she picked up on the faint sound of other girls snickering from across the room.

across the room from this scene, sat a tall, fair haired boy. upon witnessing this event, the boy immediatly reached for his pocket, hoping to not become a manifestation of this situation himself. a bead of sweat became visible on the boy's face as he pulled out a silver, plastic object from his pocket; his phone. in a single sweeping motion, he opened the device, and hit the "silent" button. a crossed out speaker icon appeared on the screen to notify him that his attempt was successful.

he glanced over at fiona, and with a mild frown, he sighed.

I'll keep it short since this is an introduction thread/section. xD
I can't really think of what else to mention but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I'm more than happy to answer. And thank you for reading/responding to my first post! I look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

questions? don't hesitate to ask?
:crafty:
ok!

what are the critical points of this function?
F(x) = x^4/5(x - 7)^2

okay. okay, i am kidding. =p

welcome to animeai!

Tritium
08-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Omj, thingywhat, that thing almost gave me a heart attack. I'm seriously aracnophobic.

Anyway, hello, Fiona, welcome.

thingywhat
08-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Omj, thingywhat, that thing almost gave me a heart attack. I'm seriously aracnophobic.

Anyway, hello, Fiona, welcome.

haha. sorry about that. ^^