PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy 101

thorkity
11-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone. While not a PHD (or masters for that matter) I am graduating with Honors in philosophy. I feel I am reasonably qualified to answer your questions about Philosophy homework.

Please keep in mind the questions which require opinion answers (the life boat exercise) will get opinion answers, but Questions about facts (Aristotle's Cave) will get factual answers. Enjoy and ask away.

Nihoxdria
11-19-2008, 10:02 AM
^^ Let's test your skill as a gaining psychologist!

Would you mind telling me your personal take on the composition of the human mind and or its thinking patterns within a given frame?

thorkity
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
^^ Let's test your skill as a gaining psychologist!

Would you mind telling me your personal take on the composition of the human mind and or its thinking patterns within a given frame?

Ugh. black on black. I dislike that. Secondly, I said Philosophy, not Psychology. Ask me about Nietzsche and Aristotle, or even the meaning of life; not the cause of depression and other brain things. I do logic, not the brain.

Reality
11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL.

While I do see the mistake, she's sort of right. Philosophy is partially your personal take on all aspects of the common world about you. That does, unfortunately put you in a tough spot or a situation where you'll be addressing controversial areas not to exclude a lot of psychology. So I'd like to ask you your opinion between reality and fantasy in contrast to a lot of dismissing philosophers who cleverly claim there is no difference. This of course would mean asking your personal philosophy on life as well.

thorkity
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
LOL.
your personal take on all aspects of the common world about you.

There's the problem, the human brain is not the common world, she asked about the composition of the brain and thinking patterns. You can't tell anyone else how they think, only they can tell you that. And out of all the Philosophy and Ethics classes I have taken the only thought process we have covered is the multi-person Thesis, Anti-thesis, and Synthesis. Besides, thought patterns and conclusions are often dictated by beliefs and expectations, which is something I can't guess at with any accuracy.